Albany College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences
* Developed Dual Degree Program Partnership with Saint Michael’s College
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont
* Created Vermont Collaborative Care with Brattleboro Retreat to integrate mental health and substance abuse services
* Named to 2013 Best Places to Work list (#1 Lg)
* Formed Vermont Collaborative Care with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont to integrate mental health and substance abuse services
* Golf Tournament Raised $37,000 for youth services
* First dairy cooperative to achieve B Corp certification
* Honored 50 volunteers with trip-of-a-lifetime with Cabot Community Celebrity Awards
* Voted US News & World Report’s “Top Up-and-Comer”
* Deemed an ‘Ideal’ college by The Atlantic Monthly (Oct 21, 2013)
* First school in Northeast and only private college to be named National Center Of Excellence For Digital Forensics by Defense Cyber Crime Center
Champlain Investment Partners
* Accepted Vermont Country Store’s matching challenge to raise funds for the Vermont Foodbank, bringing in a total of $30,000 (Jan, 2014)
Chroma Technology Corp.
* Earned B Corp Certification
* Comcast Foundation awarded more than $65,000 to Vermont organizations
* 2013 5x5x5 Growth Award (Technology)
D.E.W. Construction Corp.
* 2012 10×10 Growth Award
* Received two ENR (Engineering News-Record) Best Projects Awards for its University of Vermont Redstone Lofts project
* Announced 2013 large-scale projects for Jay Peak Resort’s Stateside Base Lodge and Hotel, Twin Valley Middle / High School and Louis Garneau US Offices and Distribution Facility
Dinse, Knapp & McAndrew, P.C.
* Brian Murphy and David Gurtman both recognized in The Best Lawyers in America
* David Gurtman selected as “Rising Star” in area of Business/Corporate Law by New England Super Lawyers
Downs Rachlin Martin PLLC
* 22 attorneys in firm recognized as Lawyers of the Year in 2014 Best Lawyers in American, including Paul Ode for Corporate Law and Mergers and Acquisitions Law
Engelberth Construction, Inc.
* Announced a number of large scale projects for 2013, including Middlebury College’s Squash Facility, Sugarbush Resort Rice Brook Residences and Green Mountain Psychiatric Care Center
Entergy Nuclear Vermont Yankee
* Named to 2013 Best Places to Work list (#5 Lg)
The Essex Resort & Spa
* 2012 & 2013 5x5x5 Growth Award (Service)
* Awarded 2013 Certificate of Excellence by TripAdvisor
* Received Vermont Fresh Network’s inaugural Gold Barn Honors for outstanding support of local farms
Fletcher Allen Health Care
* Ranked in Top Ten Among Leading University Hospitals in University Health System Consortium (UHC) Quality and Accountability Study
* Named one of America’s Greenest Hospitals by Becker’s Hospital Review
*Recognized as one of most “Wired” hospitals by 2013 Most Wired Survey published by Hospitals & Health Networks Hospitals & Health Networks
Gallagher, Flynn & Company, LLP
* Named to 2013 Best Places to Work list (#8 Sm/Med)
Gravel and Shea
* Ranked as a leading law firm in Vermont by Chambers USA in areas of Corporate/Commercial; Litigation: General Commercial and Real Estate
Greater Burlington YMCA
* Awarded $250,000 Robert Wood Johnson grant to combat childhood obesity in Vermont
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters
* Ranked #10 on FORTUNE Magazine’s “Fastest-Growing Companies List”
* Fair Trade USA ranks GMCR as the largest purchaser of Fair Trade Certified™ Coffee in the world for the third year running
* Named 2013 Northeast Business Leader for Energy Efficiency by Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnerships (NEEP)
* Named to 2013 Best Places to Work list (#8 Lg)
* 2013 5x5x5 Growth Award (Manufacturing)
* 2012 10×10 Growth Award (Manufacturing)
Green Mountain Power Corporation
* Named Utility of the Year by the Solar Electric Power Association
* Energy Innovation Center opened in revitalized, previously blighted downtown property, in Rutland
* Formed partnership with the University of Vermont to promote educational, environmental and economic development growth in Vermont.
* Launched first utility-sponsored heat pump rental program in the country
Hubbardton Forge LLC
* Honored as Pinnacle Award for Design Achievement in lighting for 9th time.
Husky Injection Molding Systems, Inc.
* Announced $13 million expansion plan for its Milton, Vermont plant and expect to bring as many as 100 jobs to the area.
Kelliher Samets Volk
* Named one of the top 50 agencies by Ad Week
* Honored with The Ad Club’s “Best Use of Social Media” Media Maven Award for its work on behalf of National Grid during Hurricane Sandy
Kenlan, Schweibert, Facey & Goss, P.C.
* Jay Kenlan named to 2014 Edition of Best Lawyers, the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession, for Environmental, Land Use and Zoning, Mining and Real Estate law practices
* Joined with Free Press Media to create Build a Stronger Vermont grant
King Arthur Flour Company, Inc.
* Named to 2013 Best Places to Work list (#4 Lg)
* Major expansion project with TruexCullins honored with Merit Award for Excellence in Architecture Design
* Honored with 2013 Alfred P. Sloan Award for Excellence in Workplace Effectiveness and Flexibility
Langrock Sperry & Wool, LLP
* Honored with the Stephen A. Freeman Award for Community Service by the Middlebury Rotary Club
* Ranked Top Burlington Law Firm in 17 Practice Areas by Best Lawyers®
MBA Health Group
* 2012 aranked 3rd on the top 10 state inaugural ranking of Inc.’s Hire Power Awards, recognizing the private businesses that have generated the most jobs in the past three years.
Merchants Bancshares, Inc.
* Ranked #10 in American Banker Magazine’s list of “best performers” (published in the May 2013 issue)
* Donated its North Bennington Village 1864 building to The Fund for North Bennington and the Preservation Trust of Vermont
*One of 20 student teams to be accepted to participate in the 2013 Solar Decathlon, a biennial solar house design competition
* MiddCORE named a winner of the 2014 Ashoka U – Cordes Innovation Award for “high impact and highly replicable education innovations”
Middlebury Interactive Languages
* Spanish I course was nominated for a 2012 CODiE award by the Software & Information Industry Association
*The Vermont World Language Initiative (VWLI), an innovative partnership between Middlebury Interactive Languages and Middlebury College, next fall will begin providing cost-effective, high-quality world language courses to 26 Vermont schools with a combined enrollment of more than 10,000 students.
* “Well@Work,” Price Chopper Supermarkets’ groundbreaking wellness program managed in partnership with MVP Health Care, has won the Gold Level Worksite Wellness Award
National Life Group
* Turned 165 years old!
* Donated more than $498,000 to non-profits in Vermont and the Dallas, Texas, region during 2013
* One of National Life Group’s issuing companies, Life Insurance Company of the Southwest, has been
named to the 2013 Ward’s 50® group of top performing companies in the life/health industry.
*Together with Green Mountain Power and Green Lantern Capital collaborated to pilot an innovative way to finance the development of solar projects, producing clean energy and immediate savings on electric bills for customers.
Northwestern Medical Center, Inc.
* Awarded four $2500 scholarships to Franklin Co. residents
* Recognized by Avatar Solutions, an industry leader in healthcare quality improvement, for Exceeding Patient Expectations & Overall Best Performer for the sixth year in a row
Okemo Mountain Resort
* Jackson Gore Inn earns RCI Gold Crown Designation
* Made $1MM investment in new snow-making equipment
Paul Frank + Collins P.C.
* Crocker Bennett recognized as a top attorney in 2013 issue of New England Super Lawyers
* Received a Tier 1 ranking in the 2014 Edition of U.S. News – Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” for its lawyers’ work in the following practice areas: Litigation – Securities; Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants; Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants; Trust & Estates Law
*Ranked among the Top 200 Environmental Firms in the country by Engineering News-Record (ENR
* Awarded $215MM Tunnel Dewatering Pump Station & Enhanced Clarification Facility project for DC Water in joint venture with CDM Smith
* Announced construction of Middlebury College’s new Field House
People’s United Bank
* Named top SBA 504 lender in New England
* Invested $300,000 in the Vermont Community Loan Fund (VCLF) to support the nonprofit, mission-driven, lending organization’s work helping people access affordable homes, quality jobs, child care, vital services and to achieve economic independence
Primmer Piper Eggleston & Cramer, P.C.
* Listed as #34 in Captive Review Magazine’s Power 50 list of individuals and organizations that shape the world’s captive insurance industry (Jeff Johnson)
* Listed in Chambers USA as a Leading Individual in the area of Corporate/Commercial: Captive Insurance (Jeff Johnson)
ReArch Company & Technology Park
* 2012 5x5x5 Growth Award (Construction)
* Awarded 2012 Architectural Excellence Award for Redstone Lofts
Ryan Smith & Carbine, Ltd.
* Tom Dowling recognized by “Best Lawyers in America” in Corporate Law; Health Care Law; Tax Law and Trusts and Estates Law categories
Saint Michael’s College
* Named a “Best Value Private College” by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
* Featured in Princeton Review’s “Best 378 Colleges”
* Developed Dual Degree Program Partnership with Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
Sheehey Furlong & Behm P.C.
* Michael Furlong recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for the fields of corporate law and mergers & acquisitions law, New England Super Lawyers for business/corporate law, and is listed in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business.
* Transformed from seasonal to year-round operation with the opening of its Pizzagalli Center for Art and Education Center
Smugglers’ Notch Resort
* Voted “#1 Overall Resort in the East” and “Family Vacations” in Ski Magazine’s Reader’s Survey
* Named to Outside’s “The 5 Best Ski Resorts for Families”
Southwestern Vermont Health Care
* Awarded “A” rating on Hospital Safety Score by Leapfrog Group
* Recognized by Novation for excellence in lowering health care costs through use of standardization prorgrams
Spectrum Youth and Family Services
* Recognized by New York Times (January, 2013) article for success and innovation of Rapid Referral Program
* Win Smith released his first book, Catching Light in a Bottle: How Merrill Lynch Revolutionized the Financial World
* Received Seven Daysies Award for “Best Ski/Ride Slope”
* Ranked highest in small business customer satisfaction for the Northeast region in 2013 JD Power Small Business Banking Satisfaction Study.
* TD Charitable Foundation passed the $100MM giving mark since its 2002 inception
Topnotch Resort and Spa
*Completed major multi-million dollar capital improvement project in July 2013
TruexCullins Architecture & Interior Design
* Hotel Vermont voted one of the Top 10 Hot New Hotels for 2013 by TripAdvisor for 2014 (TruexCullins Interiors project)
* King Arthur Flour Co. major expansion project honored with Merit Award for Excellence in Architecture Design
* Worked with Topnotch Resort and Spa on major property renovations
Union Mutual of Vermont Companies
* Received the 2012 Interface Partner Award from insurance technology company Applied Systems, recognizing achievement in and dedication to real-time communication
University of Vermont
* Rose 10 places to 82 in the 2014 U.S. News & World Report college rankings
* Ranked among 100 Top Best Value Public Colleges in Kiplinger magazine
* Ranked 14th on U.S. News & World Report’s “Up-and-Coming” schools list for making “the most promising and innovative changes in the areas of academics, faculty and student life.”
* A Wall Street Journal survey placed the University of Vermont #18 in a list of the top 30 public universities ranked for their success in placing students in the nation’s most prestigious medical, law, and business graduate programs
VBT Bicycling & Walking Vacations
* Voted #4 in the world in the 2013 Travel + Leisure Magazine World’s Best Awards
Vermont Center Emerging Technologies
* Named #11 in the world for University Business Incubator
Vermont Community Foundation
* Supported 653 funds and issued $12.7MM in grants in 2012
Vermont Economic Development Authority
* Approved $10.3 million in commercial development financing, and leveraged additional investment of $16 million to help support commercial projects totaling $26.3 million
Vermont Electric Cooperative
* 2012 10×10 Growth Award
* Announced first-in-the-nation federal partnership for Next Generation Solar energy, to be largest utility-scale solar project in Vermont
Vermont Electric Power Company, Inc.
* 2013 5x5x5 Growth Award (Service)
Vermont Energy Investment Corporation
* Named to 2013 Best Places to Work list (#3 Lg)
* 2013 5x5x5 Growth Award (Service)
* Named to 2013 Best Places to Work list (#10 Sm/Med)
Vermont Law School
* The U.S.News & World Report has released its rankings for the Best Graduate Schools for 2014, and has ranked Vermont Law School as the #1 environmental law school in the nation for an unprecedented fifth consecutive year
* VLS’s Center for Legal Services has been awarded a Going Green Award and a People’s Choice Award by the Vermont Green Building Network (VGBN)
* Collaborating with University of Vermont to enhance opportunities for students to receive both the newly created Accelerated Sustainable Entrepreneurship MBA at UVM’s School of Business Administration and a law or master’s degree at Vermont Law School
Vermont Public Radio
* Named to 2013 Best Places to Work list (#4 Sm/Med)
* Honored by the Public Radio News Directors Inc. (PRNDI) with two national awards for its news reporting in 2012
* Honored with four regional Edward R. Murrow Awards, including recognition for “Overall Excellence,” from the Radio Television Digital News Association (RTDNA).
Vermont Public Television
* Receive the acclaimed Richard O. Hathaway award from the Vermont Historical Society for documentary Little Jerusalem
Vermont State Colleges
* First in US to establish a revolving ($2MM) fund for sustainability efforts